Most Active Stories
- Lorne Adrain Exits Providence Mayoral Campaign
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Fri October 19, 2012
Watch Gordon Fox and Mark Binder go head-to-head on Newsmakers
House Speaker Gordon Fox and his legislative opponent, Mark Binder, squared off during a taped debate this morning on WPRI/WNAC-TV’s Newsmakers.
The topics included Fox’s campaign contributors, Rhode Island’s economy, 38 Studios, same-sex marriage legislation, last year’s pension overhaul, and much more. The skirmish is expected to be their last debate, following one earlier this week, before Election Day.
Along with Tim White and Ted Nesi, I put questions to the two candidates.
One highlight: Fox says he will personally lobby Senate opponents of same-sex marriage, such as Senate President Teresa Paiva Weed and Judiciary chairman Michael McCaffrey, to try to get a same-sex marriage bill through that chamber.