Most Active Stories
- Pawsox Sold To Group That Plans To Move The Team To Providence
- Big Question: Is a Baseball Stadium the Best Use of 195 Land?
- TGIF: 18 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- SEIU Taking Women And Infants Hospital To Court Over Layoffs
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Why So Few RI Building Trades Workers At EB Quonset Jobs?
Tue January 28, 2014
What Casinos In Massachusetts Could Mean For RI's Gaming Industry
Rhode Island’s gaming industry is keeping a sharp eye on what’s happening in Massachusetts as the state’s gambling commission works out where to license up to three resort-style casinos and a slot parlor.
Rhode Island pulls in enough money from Twin River and Newport Grand to make gaming the third largest source of revenue for the state. Casinos in Massachusetts threatens that revenue.
So how close is Massachusetts to having casino gambling? Rhode Island Public Radio's Elisabeth Harrison spoke with The Boston Globe’s Mark Arsenault to find out.