Most Active Stories
- Jim Skeffington, PawSox President & Prominent Lawyer, Has Died
- Biologists Plan To Continue Tracking Beluga Whales In Narragansett Bay
- Scott MacKay Commentary: MacKay's RIC Commencement Speech
- Elorza Says Further Steps Needed to Stabilize Providence's Finances
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Next Move for PawSox Providence Stadium?
Thu December 12, 2013
What's At Stake In Exeter's Recall Election
Voters head to the polls in Exeter on Saturday for a recall election that could send a majority of the town council packing.
The recall was sparked by a dispute over gun permits. It started after four out of five town councilors supported a move to put permits for concealed weapons in the hands of the attorney general instead of the town clerk.
Rhode Island Public Radio's Elisabeth Harrison sat down with political analyst Scott MacKay to find out what's at stake in this unusual election.
A correction to a story we ran yesterday on the Political Action Committees involved in the Exeter recall … the Rhode Island chapter of “Mom’s Demand Action for Gun Sense in America” says it did not donate to the Save Exeter PAC. Due to a lack of financial disclosures Rhode Island Public Radio based its reporting on sources working with the PAC.