Most Active Stories
- A.H. Belo Hires Arkansas Firm to Explore Sale of the Providence Journal
- Scott MacKay Commentary: 2014 Providence Mayoral Campaign Up For Grabs
- Rhode Island: A Destination For Brain Science?
- This I Believe Rhode Island: Getting Up Early
- Prescription Drug Abuse On The Rise On College Campuses Across The Country
Tue March 19, 2013
A Winter Weather Mix in RI for Tuesday
The mix of snow, sleet and freezing rain that is currently coming down around Rhode Island is making the roads slippery. National Weather Service meteorologist Alan Dunham says this mix will continue throughout the first part of the morning.
Get the latest information about delays and cancelations here.
“The morning commute is not going to be fun. It’s currently snowing in Providence; we have a winter weather advisory for Providence itself. To the northwest, for people coming in from there, Foster and the northwest hills of Rhode Island, we have a winter storm warning in effect.”
Dunham says by this afternoon the precipitation will have changed to all rain for most of the state. He adds that many roads will still be slushy for the afternoon commute.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com