Most Active Stories
- Bob Kerr: We Have Seen The Best And The Worst
- RI's Brown Bird Finds A Solemn Victory On Final Album
- Learning To Respect A Patient's Wishes At The End Of Life
- Raimondo: State Wants Better Deal on PawSox' Proposed Ballpark
- PawSox Seek Meeting with Raimondo; Team Signals Flexibility After Negative Reaction to Proposal
Tue July 19, 2011
Women and Infants tops U.S. News rankings of area hospitals
By MEGAN HALL
Providence, RI – U.S. News and World Reports is out with its annual rankings of hospitals by region and by specialty.
For the 2nd year in a row, Women and Infants Hospital earned the title of best hospital in the Providence metro area, followed by a tie for second between Rhode Island Hospital and Memorial Hospital.
In terms of specialty care, Women and Infants placed 19th in the country for gynecology and 34th in the nation for the care of newborns.
Memorial Hospital, Rhode Island Hospital and Miriam Hospital all received what U.S. News calls "high performing" scores in a range of categories including Diabetes care for the elderly and ear nose and throat treatments.
In the Boston metro area, Massachusetts General Hospital ranked number one in the region and placed in the top ten in the nation for 15 different specialties.
View U.S. News and World Report's complete hospital rankings here
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org.