Most Active Stories
- W&I Researchers Find Single Family Rooms Better For NICU Babies
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Seth Magaziner Staffing Up With Jeff Padwa & Andrew Roos
- Almost 15 Years After Cornel Young Jr.'s Death, How Much Has Changed in Rhode Island?
- 'Warning Shot': Sen. Warren On Fighting Banks, And Her Political Future
Wed April 23, 2014
Youth Advocacy Groups To Hold Providence Mayoral Forum
Members of youth advocacy groups Providence Student Union and Young Voices will host a mayoral forum Thursday at the Juanita Sanchez Educational Complex on Thurber's Avenue in Providence.
The group members will press all six candidates for Mayor of Providence on multiple issues affecting young people. The issues in question will range from an increase in hands-on learning in schools to transportation policies. Kinte Howie of Young Voices says the forum will be a good way for youths to get involved in the policies that affect them.
"The reason why we as youths want to have this candidates' forum is because there are issues that we need to address to our candidates that are not often heard by youths, because youths are never there when they make these policies," said Howie.
Students from Providence after-school programs are expected to attend, along with leaders in education and politics from across the city.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? We'd love to hear from you. email@example.com