"No heat in house, no running water," wrote an inspector after visiting the apartment building at 110 Bowdoin Street, in the Olneyville section of Providence. "Issuing intent to condemn, house was a mess."
The report, signed January 3, 2018, went on to describe occupants relying on space heaters and propane torches for warmth, during one of the coldest periods in recent memory. There was an open electrical panel in the basement, the inspector noted. Residents were complaining of constant problems and frozen pipes.